Lemon, Lime and Bitter
June 20, 2011
On Sunday the Liberal Party released a new video to mark Julia Gillard’s disastrous 52 weeks as prime minister.
Ms Gillard said the Government had “lost its way”. One year on it’s clear that this Labor Government is just a bunch of lemons - and it is Australian families who are left with the bitter taste:
- The cost of living is skyrocketing.
- Record debt and deficits are putting upward pressure on interest rates and inflation.
- The proposed mining tax is a mess.
- The East Timor processing centre was announced and later abandoned; its replacement, the Malaysia swap deal, has been condemned by both houses of Parliament.
- Even worse, the biggest lemon of all – Labor’s new carbon tax – is still to come.
Twelve months on from Mr Rudd’s brutal removal, this unstable and directionless Gillard Government has offered no leadership, no plan and no sign that it has ‘found its way’. Its only direction is coming from Bob Brown and the Greens.